Wu Lin Retreat is a purpose-built Martial and Healing Arts Centre, tucked away in the heart of Victoria at the base of the Cobaw Forest.
This 20-acre sanctuary is the perfect place to pause on life’s journey, for rejuvenation of mind, body and spirit.
Whether you visit for its peaceful ambience on a weekend getaway, or for the study of Martial and Healing Arts wisdom – or both – you will find it an unforgettable and positive experience.
WuLin Retreat Packages Click to view our list of workshops and relaxation packages
About the Design of Wu Lin Retreat
The name ‘Wu Lin’ literally means Martial Forest Retreat, and its design has been influenced by traditional Chinese villages and the Shaolin Temple.
Hand built by the owners and dear friends, each mud brick and piece of recycled timber has been lovingly and thoughtfully positioned to create an ambient atmosphere for guests and visitors alike.
James and Shou Mei’s commitment to a holistic and eco-friendly lifestyle is demonstrated by their use of a stand alone solar system and extensive organic fruit and vegetable garden.
The Dojo (Training Hall)
As you enter the Dojo (training hall), you will pass through 400-year-old Chinese doors that conceal a rich tapestry of monastic and cultural history.
Here you will find the Dojo’s sprung polished floor area with mirrors and training equipment to facilitate classes and workshops, and equally, a beautiful hall to meditate, pray or reflect.
Beautiful leadlight windows reveal a vista to a Japanese garden, fish pond and traditional Japanese Tea/Meditation House, bounded by the beauty of the natural Australian bush.
The Guest Rooms
If staying overnight, the Wu Lin Retreat provides four semi-detached units with ensuite bathroom facilities. Each room has been beautifully designed to reflect the four seasons in a traditional Chinese fashion.
Come to release the stress and pressures of daily life to increase your vitality and re-establish harmony in your life.
The Barefoot Doctor’s Clinic
Wu Lin has a Barefoot Doctor’s Clinic practising Traditional Chinese Medicine. Appointments may be made for consultation on health and wellbeing issues.
Consultations are conducted with a holistic attitude utilising massage, acupuncture, moxibustion, herbs, diet therapy, exercise and lifestyle counselling.
Features of Wu Lin Retreat
- Perfect place for both Martial Arts training (beginners and advanced), as well as a rejuvenating and peaceful getaway.
- Beautiful accommodation made from mud brick & recycled timber, with tatami and baltic floors and enhanced with 400 year-old Chinese monastery doors and antiques.
- Four spacious semi-detached guest units (with separate bathrooms) are beautifully furnished with Chinese antiques that compliment a season of the year.
Choose from Western-style or tatami and futon beds.
- Weekend or mid week cultural immersion packages are available that may include: Therapeutic Massage, Meditation, Tai Chi or Tea Ceremony.
- Regular professional training and development workshops designed for schools and companies, held by local and international Presenters.